NSSF helps you save for your future regardless of whether you are in the formal on informal sector. For employed contributors, the employer deducts the contribution from your salary and tops it up with a similar amount. The money accumulates with time and you can enjoy the benefits once you reach 55 years and retire from your formal employment.See Also: NHIF Paybill number for Mpesa Payment
For self employed individuals, you can still register to be an NSSF member and make contributions whenever you wish to by visiting your nearest NSSF branch or through Mpesa. If you wish to go the convenient way of Mpesa, here’s how you make the NSSF Payment Via Mpesa:
1. Go to your Phones ToolKit and select Safaricom
2. Choose Mpesa
3. Go to ‘Lipa na Mpesa’
4. Select ‘Pay Bill’
5. Key in the NSSF mpesa business number which is 333300
6. Key in your NSSF Account number. It has 9 digits.
7. Key in the amount you wish to contribute. It can be any number between 200 and 140, 000 Kenyan Shillings
8. Key in your M-Pesa PIN.
9. Check again to ensure that you have input the correct information
10. Wait for a message confirming that the amount has been sent to NSSF.
You should allow for up to 48 hours for the Mpesa payment to reflect in your NSSF account or statement.