|Image Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/30188198124196755|
- 7 Large potatoes
- A bunch of pumpkin leaves
- 2 green maize cobs
- Salt to taste
- Shell the maize, remove the grains from the cob and bring it to the boil
- When the maize is soft and cooked, drain the water and set aside
- Peel the potatoes, level with water and bring to the boil
- When the water starts to boil, cut the pumpkin leaves roughly into small pieces and cover the boiling potatoes with them. You can use your hand to do this.
- Sprinkle the salt evenly on the pumpkin leaves
- Cover the leaves with the boiled maize and put a lid on the cooking pan
- Let the food boil till the potatoes are soft and the pumpkin leaves and cooked and marshy.
- Drain excess water and use a wooden spoon to mix the potatoes, maize and leaves together.
- Serve while hot with meat stew and stewed cabbage
To make the red one, boil the maize with the beans and do not use the pumpkin leaves.
Please come visit again. The easiest way to do this is to subscribe to this blog. Leave your email address in the dialogue box at the right sidebar and you will receive new posts in your inbox as soon as they are published.
You can also follow us on social media by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.
Until we see each other again,