You will have to be patient, it might take a week or months. The good thing is, parents are used to having their patience stretched so this will be no problem at all.
|Potty training in days|
Be ready to do a lot of cleanups too. Accidents are bound to happen every now and then.
Check out for Signs that Your Baby is Ready
Potty training can take place anytime between 18 months to 3 years. Remember however that the longer you wait, the harder it will be. Here are the signs to look out for to know when your little one is ready.
- Walks comfortably on her own
- Can pull pants up and down
- Goes for at least an hour before wetting herself
- Can communicate well when she wants to go
Potty Training Steps
- Let your toddler watch you when you go to the bathroom beforehand. Kids learn by mimicking what we are doing. You also need to set aside at least three days so you can be there when the training starts. Throughout the training, the toddler needs to be naked from the waist down. The knee high socks will ensure that she does not get too cold.
- Give the baby a lot of water and drinks so she can pee frequently. Every time you go to the toilet, let her watch. You also need to watch her very carefully for signs that she’s about to either pee or poop and whisk her to the nearest potty chair.
- If she misses, show your disappointment. If she hits, make a big deal out of it. Clap for her, sing and dance. She will like it and associate the hits with making you happy. She’s do it if only to please you
- Clean up any accidents making sure that you do not get discouraged. Rome was not built in a day.
- Diaper her up at night and repeat the process the day after. Get out of the house for an hour or so and see if you can make it back without accidents. Carry a portable potty and rags just in case.
- Do the same on the third day and the days that follow and see whether she can stay for even longer with fewer and fewer accidents. Patience is key.
Please come visit again. The easiest way to do this is to subscribe to this blog. Leave your email address in the dialogue box at the right sidebar and you will receive new posts in your inbox as soon as they are published.
You can also follow us on social media by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.
Until we see each other again,