Featured Hot Deals and Offers
Way before Tecno and Infinix, there was Nokia. And way before the rural electrification initiative, we (the village folks) would take or phones to the shopping centres’ dukas, salons or barber shops to charge our phones. It was a whole day affair; I would take my phone, leave it there and go back home and then to the shamba, eat lunch and then go to pick it up. I would pay 10 shillings for the service.
This sounds absurd today, a time when our eyes are glued to the phone screens 18 hours a day. It was easy then considering that phones would keep their charge for 5 days plus. Today, you’re lucky if your phone can last for longer that 12 hours.
Nokia are taking things back to the basics with the Nokia 3310 comeback. Who needs a powerbank when your phone can last for a week without charging? Among the key features of this legend are;
- Beautiful push buttons and its iconic design
- A not so impressive 2MP camera with an LED flash for simple photos
- Headphone jack for your music and radio
- You will never have to squint with the 2.4” curved window that has a polarized layer for better readability in sunlight
- Available as both single SIM and dual SIM variants (What a luxury it would have been to have a twin-sim then)
- 2G connectivity for calling and texting
- Incredible battery life, with up to 22 hours talk time
- FM radio and MP3 player for music
- 16 MB storage plus a MicroSD card slot with support of up to 32 GB
|Comes in Black, Red, Yellow and Grey|
The phone comes in 4 colours: Black Red, Yellow and Grey. You can therefore choose the style that works for you.
This is a perfect phone for you if your work involves making lots of calls and you work in the outdoors away from power outlets. It is also a great gift for your older parents or grandparents who keep forgetting to charge their phones or have no interest or the energy required to keep connecting their gadgets to the power supply.
The one negative thing I can say about the phone is that it is a bit pricey for a basic phone. It almost feels like it is antique-priced. But hey, Nokia is one of the most trusted brands in the phones industry and you also cannot put a price on convenience.
To take a walk down memory lane and recap on this iconic phone, just see all the Nokia 3310 features, description and pricing here.