I do not blame them. Most seasoned moms, even our mothers, give the same advice. An ignorant advice that has cost many babies their lives. We all know someone who knows a kid who died from choking. Most of these deaths occur when the child is with the housegirl and the mother is away at work. It happened to my Auntie some years back. The baby, my dear cousin, choked on rice.
Accidents happen. That is why they are called accidents. While adults are cautious and good at avoiding and preventing accidents, kids are notorious for going out of their way to find them. Accidental deaths such as drowning and choking are the leading cause of death in kids of all ages. This normally happens though cardiac arrest. It is therefore important for caregivers like nannies, parents, and teachers to know what to do when the unthinkable happens.
First aid training teaches what to do when a child chokes, drowns, burns or needs CPR. This could be the difference between life and death. Like you will see in the infographic below by ACLS Medical Traning, when it comes to CPR, every single minute counts.
The Kenya Red Cross and the St. John Ambulance are the most popular first aid training providers in Kenya. For the safety of your baby, take a first aid course with either of them. You might even find one closer to you by asking your baby’s health care provider. You might need to take your caregiver with you so you can have the peace of mind while away from your baby.
Take a look at the infographic below.,
Please come visit again. The easiest way to do this is to subscribe to this blog. Leave your email address in the dialogue box at the right sidebar and you will receive new posts in your inbox as soon as they are published.
You can also follow us on social media by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.
Until we see each other again,