Among the many benefits of the Montessori system are;
- Children develop independence, coordination and concentration at an early age
- The multi-age structure creates a close-knit caring community where the older children act as mentors and the younger ones feel challenged and supported
- Children learn at their own pace
- Learning is enjoyable since the kids are active participants in deciding what the focus of their learning will be
- Children are provided with the freedom and the tools they need to be active seekers of knowledge
- The Montessori approach encourages self assessment and self correction allowing the children to learn from their errors and mistakes.
- It inspires creativity focusing more on the process rather than the results
|Appleton Kindergarten and Montessori School|
- Kiswahili plus French Languages
- P.E and Sports
- Dance – Ballet, African and Expressive Dance
- Musical Instruments
- Computer Studies
- Tae – Kwondo
- Vegetables with meals all days
- Snacks for break; cereals. Biscuits and cake taken with chocolate, juice or tea
- Beef or Chicken taken with Rice Pasta, Mashed potatoes & banana
- Fruits on a daily basis
- Clean drinking water
The school offers transport to all children from the neighboring areas. The routes for the Kilimani School include Adams Arcade, Woodley, Jamhuri, Ngong rd up to City Morgue, Hurlingham, Yaya, Dennis Pritt, Lenana rd, Methodist Guest House, Valley Arcade, James Gichuru junction, King’ara rd, Nakumatt junction, Race course (Lenana School).
- Full Day:- 8.00AM – 3.30PM ,
- Half Day :- 8.00 AM – 12.30 PM .
- There‘s always a member of staff on duty from 7.30 AM to 4.00PM.
Until we see each other again,